Sri Lanka Journal of Education (SLJE)
- Submissions must be in English.
- There is no article processing charge (APC) or publication fee.
- Use the structure provided to prepare your manuscript.
- Length of the article should be 3,000 to 6,000 words, excluding the Reference List.
- An abstract of 200-250 words should be provided with the article.
- Include 3-5 keywords that best describe the article in order to facilitate access by search engines.
- Paper size is A5 and margins are 2 cm (0.75”) for top, bottom and right, and 3cm for left.
- A Title Page including the following should be submitted:
- A concise and informative title
- The name(s) of the author(s) with affiliations and addresses of each author
- Papers with multiple authors should name a corresponding author with contact information such as e-mail address, mail address, telephone/fax numbers
- The corresponding author must make sure that all names of the co-authors given are in order.
- Formatting Requirements:
- For the body of the document, use Times New Roman font, 12-point type size, double-spaced.
- The whole document should be fully justified (not only left-justified).
- No headers and footers are allowed.
- The text should be divided under headings/sub-headings.
- For the title, 16-point, upper – and lower – case bold
- For Headings, 14-point, upper- and lower-case, bold.
- For Subheadings, 12-point upper- and lower-case, italic.
- Use single quotation marks, except where ‘a quotation is “within” a quotation’.
- Please note that long quotations should be indented without quotation marks.
Tables, Graphs and Figures:
- Minimum 10-point type size, all captions should be upper- and lower-case, bold, and centered.
- Tables/Graphs/Figures must be placed in the correct location within the article.
Illustrations and Photographs
- Halftones, minimum of 9-point type size.
- Captions should be in upper- and lower-case, bold, and centered.
- Images must be computer-designed and submitted as embedded images in your document.
- Please use the APA Style (7th Edition) i.e. Within the body of the text (Surname, Year).
List of References (Eg.)
Format for Books:
- Author, A. A. (Year of publication). Title of work: Capital letter also for subtitle. Place of publication: Publisher.
Format for Journal Papers, Print version:
- Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (Year). Title of article. Title of Periodical, Volume number (Issue number), page range.
Format for Journal Papers, Online version:
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (Year). Title of article. Title of Periodical, Volume number (Issue number), page range. http://dx.doi.org/xx.xxxxxxxxxx or Retrieved from http://xxxxxx
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy of all references.
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references should be provided.
Suggested Structure of the Article
- A maximum of 250 words clearly outlining the contribution of your paper.
- Maximum of 5 key words.
- Clearly explain the nature and scope of the study, purpose, and contribution of the national/international development.
- Use headings and subheadings as needed.
- Provide a well organized review of literature with relevant theoretical and practical backgrounds
Materials and Methods/Research Methodology
- Clearly state materials and methodologies applied in the research.
Data Analysis and Findings
- Analysis of data with specific and major findings.
- Critical and interpretive discussion of the findings.
- Clearly indicate the conclusions and implications.
- References should be cited according to guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA style) (6th edition).
Ensuring a Blind Review
- All articles submitted to SLJE Journal will undergo a double-blind peer reviewing procedure by experts in the area(s) represented by an article, selected by the Editorial Board.
- Authors are therefore requested to submit a blinded manuscript without any author names and affiliations in the text, references, or on the title page.
- Please make sure to delete your name and those of co-authors from the text and from the reference list, and replace them with “Author”.
- The decision of the Editorial Board on the publication is final.
- Save your file in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format.
- Documents in PDF format will not be accepted
- Completed articles must be emailed to:
Prof. Lakshman Wedikkarage
Department of Social Science Education
Faculty of Education.
University of Colombo