Department of Humanities Education,
Faculty of Education,
University of Colombo
TP: +94 (0)11-2586516 (Office), +94(0)71-2296435 (Mobile)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- PhD in Education
- Master of Education.University of Colombo, Sri Lanka- 2008
- Diploma in Psychology and Advance Certificate in Guidance and Counseling,Institute of Psychological Studies, Sri Lanka- 2001
- Postgraduate Diploma in Community Development, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka- 2003
- B.Ed(Hons) Second Class Upper Division, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka – 1999
- Teacher Education
- Non-Formal Education
- Community Development
- Current Practices of the Non-Formal Education Programmes in the Community Learning Centres in Sri Lanka (2010). NSBN 978-3- 639-23005-5, VDM publishers, German.
- An inquiry into the students’ Readiness for Self –directed Learning: Annual Research Symposium 2014, University of Colombo, 30th October 2015.
- Self-directed learning in Sri Lankan Universities: Challenges in Implementing Policy, International Journal of Art and Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 13-16 January 2015.
- An Integrated Approach of Formal and Non-formal Education to Improve the Quality of School Education in Sri Lanka; A Fact Finding Case Study, Annual Research Symposium 2014, University of Colombo, 3rd-4th October 2014.
- Current Practice of Open Schooling Programmes in Sri Lanka, Annual Research Symposium 2013, University of Colombo, 24 November 2013.
- Functions of Income Generating Programmes in the Non-formal Setting in Sri Lanka, Annual Research Symposium 2010, University of Colombo, 12 and 13 November 2010.
- The Historical Evolution of Adult Literacy in Sri Lanka, National Symposium on Education for All on the theme ‘Work Together to Improve early Learning and Child Care and Adult Literacy as a life skills’, Galadari Hotel Colombo, 25th of November 2006.
- Paradigm shift towards Self-Directed Learning (2017), Adyapana Prathibha, Faculty of Education, University of Colombo.
- Managerial Skills that should be possessed by a Teacher (2003) Source of Education, Faculty of Education, University of Colombo.
- Term Paper on Current Practices of the Non-Formal Education Programmes in the Community Learning Centres in Sri Lanka, Compilation of Term Papers, National University of Educational Planning and Administration – April 2008.
- Team member of the National study; An Impact Evaluation of the School Based Teacher Development Programme (SBTD) (2015), conducted by SLEAD- 2015
- Team member of the National Assessment of Achievement of Grade 08 Students in Sri Lanka- 2013 Conducted by NEREC, World Bank and Ministry of Education Assisted Publication (National Report)
- Survey of Status of Second National Language Teaching &Learning in National Colleges of Education (2007) NEREC, Faculty of Education University of Colombo (Team Member)
- Team member of the International research study titled “Learning and Teaching in Multigrade Settings (LATIMS) in 2003. The research project is a collaborative effort of the Institute of Education, University of London, Trtibhuvan University, Nepal and Faculty of Education, University of Colombo.
- Team member of the research programme in grade 4 National Assessment Case Study conducted by the National Education Research and Evaluation Centre (NEREC), Faculty of Education University of Colombo in 2005.
- Education Principles
- Lifelong Education
- Head of the Department of Humanities Education, Faculty of Education, University of Colombo
- Acted for Dean in several occasions
- Acted as the Director, National Educational Research and Evaluation Centre (NEREC), Faculty of Education, University of Colombo
- President of the Faculty Club, University of Colombo from 2016
- Faculty Representative of the Leave and awards committee, University of Colombo from 2015
- Faculty Representative of the Sport Board, University of Colombo, from
- Students counselor of the faculty from 2007
- Executive Committee Member of the Faculty Centre, University of Colombo, 2013 and 2015
- Member of the Steering committee of the Centre for Gender Equity (CEGE), University of Colombo from 28th June 2017
- Member of the organizing committee of the Annual Research Symposium 2016
- Member of the Fact Finding Inquiry Board- The incident took place between two group of students of the Faculty of Management & Finance.
- A member of the working core group of the Faculty of Education in developing Blended learning for teacher education curricular (UNESCO Blended learning project)
- Working group member, National study on Civic Education, NEREC (developing tools for National Study and developing computer based analysis)
- Member of the Curriculum Development Committee Faculty of the Bachelor of Education programme, University of Colombo
- Coordinating the PGDE (Teaching of Drama and Theatre) Full Time course from 2007 – up to date.
- Coordinating the PGDE (Teaching of Drama and Theatre) Part Time course from 2007- Up to date
- Coordinating the Postgraduate Diploma in Education Week-End Course from
- Coordinating FND 1110 in 2009.
- Head of the Dept. of Humanities Education, Faculty of Education (2013 – Up to Date)
- Senior Lecturer Grade II – (2015 – Up to Date)
- Lecturer – (2008-2015)
- Lecturer (Probationary) – (2003-2008)
- Assistant Lecturer, Dept. of Humanities Education , Faculty of Education – (2001-2003)