Zonta Club 1 of Colombo has announced the winners of the Zonta Woman of Achievement Awards 2017 with SAGT.
Since 1985, the Woman of Achievement Awards has actively recognised and rewarded women who have achieved outstanding success in their respective fields and contributed significantly towards national development.This year, the awards ceremony will be held on September 17 at the Oak Room of the Cinnamon Grand Hotel in Colombo. State Minister for Finance, Eran Wickramaratne and Chief Executive Officer of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce Dhara Wijayatilake will grace the occasion as Chief Guest, and Guest of Honour respectively.
The club celebrates its Jubilee year in Sri Lanka this year, and President Enakshi Kotagama said “Over the last 50 years, work undertaken by Zonta Club 1 of Colombo has impacted women through multifaceted interventions focused on key issues affecting Sri Lankan women. These activities range from shaping national policy and laws affecting women, to enabling women to conduct small businesses through micro financing, or raising awareness about women’s health through Well Woman Clinics and Skills Development.”
Co-chairs of the Woman of Achievement Awards 2017 were Ramola Sivasundaram and Aarthi Dharmadasa. An Outstanding Achievement Award will also be presented to one of the category winners at the event.
The category winners are:
- Banking and Finance: Rose Cooray
- Creative and Performing Arts: Ruvini Hapugalle Gunasekera
- Education: Prof. Marie Perera
- Environment: Chamila Weerathunghe and Anoka Abeyrathne
- Industry and Entrepreneurship: Lakmini Wijesundera
- Law: Rajitha Jayasuriya
- Management: Indira Malwatte
- Medicine: Dr. P.M.G. Punchihewa
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM): Prof. Chitra Weddikkara
- Social Impact: Rosanna Flamer-Caldera
- Social Entrepreneurship: Achala Samaradiwakara
- Sports: Jayanthi Kuru-Utumpala
- Media: Kamanthi Wickramasinghe
- Tourism & Hospitality: Charitha Abeyratne Hettiarachchi
Category: News & Events